Saturday, December 3, 2011

Blogging Again :-)

Finally, I feel that I have time for blogging again. Quite a few things have happened over the last half year or so, and I have found myself in a situation of having fantastic exciting things happening all around me and no time to write about them. Luckily, I have managed to take photos of most of the shenanigans and with a Danish winter approaching there will be many dark hours to kill in front of the little computer. Since my last post I have finished my job in Sydney, used 2 months traveling around Australia and moved to Denmark, where I now live and work. Much of my Danish life does, luckily enough, not qualify for the blog, hence I will have more time writing about those amazing two months of exploring Australia. I took close to 15000 photos (14418 to be exact), drove just over 20000 km and had more gnocchi dinners than I will admit. I had snow on the tent on my first night in the Blue Mountains and had a swarm of mosquitoes attaching a month later in Kakadu National Park. I saw the whitest beaches of Australia, the reddest dirt WA has to offer, the darkest green Queensland rainforest and a sky so blue that I sometimes still wonder how I could leave :-) All good, I will get cranking and get some blog posts flying. There will be a few posts before I get to tell about my big trip, hopefully I will be up to date soon. Happy reading and thanks for tuning in - Cheers Allan

2 comments:

Jarrod said...

Good to see you made it back. Yes Denmark is horribly over regulated and boring, you should move to Perth.

AGL said...

Hi Jarrod, you are always good for a honest evaluations of the situation! :-) From what I hear the weather is definitely better in Perth - but it sounds like you have been looking further into the benefits of living further west? Is your recommendation based on; jobs, house prices or the number of easy birding ticks?

Cheers Allan