Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Red Dust Hits Sydney!

What a day! Sydney was hit by a red dust storm like never seen before .. in Sydney! - out in the outback they eat dust storm like the one that hit Sydney for breakfast :-) Still it got everyone talking including the media, for a thorough explanation of how, why, "is it dangerous"? and some impressive pictures go to the Sydney Morning Herald and hear and see their multimedia presentation of the event.
Waking up early morning I realized something was wrong even before opening my eyes, I could taste dust! .. I know, I am not a big fan of the vacuum cleaner, but I usually manage to clean the apartment before I start tasting it :-) Opening my eyes confirmed that not everything was as usual - everything outside was red! Obviously thinking of my devoted followers on the blog I grabbed the camera and started shooting so also you can enjoy the looks of a very red early morning in Coogee.

For those who does not know the usual view from my windows, I have included a picture taken 11 hours later in the afternoon after I came home from work.

A bit of excitement on a Wednesday morning :-) Normally I would not change the order of events that goes on the blog, but those lizard shots from down at Boat Harbour will have to wait till next blog entry - sorry about that to those of you that fancy lizards.


By the way, the pictures above are straight from the camera, shot as jpg, I have not(!) pumped the red color ... it was not needed ;-)

3 comments:

Gemma C. Solomon said...

I would have loved to have seen it!

Aleisha and Simon Iremonger said...

There goes the last remaining trace of topsoil...
What will all the rice farmers do now?
Cool photos though

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.